I’m on the road in Louisiana right now. I’m enjoying visiting with new and old friends. Here’s a few observations from my trip last week:
- I always love the sunsets in Kansas and Oklahoma. They are really hard to top.
- What did I ever do before having a GPS?
- Discovered one of best CCM stations I have ever heard – House FM in Ponca City, OK. Very cool stuff, crisp signal, and great sounding station. I knew of the network before, but now I have experienced it first hand.
- No shortage gasoline and much cheaper than Nashville.
- I had forgotten how popular Indian Tacos were during state fair time.
- How much more reading I get done while on the road.
- That I come up with ideas more when traveling, especially when driving a long distance.
- I haven’t been shooting photography as much as I should lately.
- I was reminded how much I love midwestern rock music.
- There are too many male country artists that sound alike and have nothing compelling about their songs. And then a few who are very compelling and great for the future of our format.